Wednesday, September 8, 2010

All Hail the Patron Saint of all things Sick, Sleepy, and Slightly Irritated...

 Tonight  I was the Saviour of my dog. My big 80 lb, Black Lab-cross-Pit bull-cross-Mutt, happy and dimwitted dog.

He must have either ate something that disagreed with him,( ie. the cog's poo) or caught some kind of bug, or, god forbid, he has worms...

I went out with him about 20+ times  tonight, so he could do his very loose business all over my backyard. I swear, that dog could give my youngest a run for his money. Get it? Run? haha......

I hope he's okay, both of us were up pretty late tonight, way past the time of my youngest's first nap of the evening, which means no proper 3 hour reprieve and REM cycle for me...

I changed his water, gave him a fresh blanket to sleep on, opened the door to the basement, (so, if he happens to need to loose himself in my house after I pass out he can at least go on cement that's easily cleanable. I love my dog, he's so well trained.) checked his temperature,(which believe me, if you don't have a baby ear thermometer, is not a comfortable experience for either pet or owner, and can be quite messy if that's the hole the dog is sick out of...) checked his gums for funky colours, and put my ear against his chest to listen to his heart, (I'll be fucked if I can tell the difference on a dog, so I don't know what good that did, other than to make me feel like I was being productive) and so far, other than pacing in front of the door to go out every 10 minutes, and of course the constant shitting, he seems perfectly healthy. Even been eating, and just now I heard him drinking, although that could be the cog, he's fucking loud and clumsy..

Hope for the best I suppose. Hope He doesn't need a vet...

And by the way, I'm not misspelling dog or cat when I say 'cog'. My Kitty was basically raised by my dog, which means he's clumsy as hell, a loud eater, begs for table scraps, sleeps with the dog, does his business in the backyard, goes for walks with us, (even to the park, the crazy bugger) and shares the dog's various mannerisms.

Hence, Cog.

Fuck I'm tired.... Okay Goodnight.

What? one more time? ...alright, but then after this it's the basement for you, dude...

No comments:

Post a Comment