Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wham! Bam Thank-you maam

So, the Bulgarians have named Wham!'s song Last Christmas the most annoying holiday song ever. I agree.

*FLASHBACK!*

When I was young we always went to my grandparents for Christmaas, and sincew I was studying the piaano at the time, they had an electric piano they would haul out of the garage every year for me to bugger around on. Now I'm not sure if the new electric pianos have a demo song, I assume they do, since you can't step into the piano section of any music store without some annoying kid pressing all the demo buttons like a drunk at Walmart in the tickle-me-Elmo section. This particular keyboard had Wham!'s song as it's demo, since at the time it had probably just come out and was really popular. I didn't know what it was at the time, since my first big musical memories start around the time Aqua's Barbie Girl came out, so I didn't know how annoying it was to become. I used to push that damned demo button all the time and  pretend I was playing the song every Christmas, and my Gathered Family would all smile ingratiatingly and cheer at my "Skillz". I didn't even know what the song was called until a couple of years ago. But ever since I pulled my Big Girl pants on and moved out, I've hated that song with a passion.

At least I know the Bulgarians have my back if I decide to go all Bat-shite cRazy on George Micheal or that Ridgeley guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment